Diabetes and ENDOCRINOLOGY
The endocrinology service cares for patients with general and specific endocrine disorders. This includes patients with thyroid and adrenal disease, calcium disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), Turner syndrome, hypogonadism and metabolic bone disease.
In DF Medical Centre we provide tests to diagnose most endocrinology problems, including Thyroid Ultrasound on site performed by our Consultant at the same time as your consultation.
An Endocrinology subspeciality is Diabetes. Patients diagnosed with diabetes are either monitored in our centre or referred to Diabetic clinics closer to their home.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CONTROL BLOOD-GLUCOSE LEVELS?
Many people who live with diabetes don’t feel any particular symptoms, unless they are experiencing hyperglycemia (glucose level is too high) or hypoglycemia (glucose level is too low). Hyperglycemia can cause significant damage to some organs, which then leads to complications of diabetes.
- cardiac or vascular event, such as myocardial infarction (heart attack) or stroke;
- kidney problems that may require dialysis;
- eye problems, which may lead to loss of vision (blindness);
- sexual issues, such as erectile dysfunction;
- problems with circulation and scarring, which can lead to amputation.
We Are Always
Glad to Help
Call to Book an Appointment today