Cardiologists are doctors who diagnose, assess and treat patients with diseases and defects of the heart and blood vessels (the cardiovascular system).
Cardiologists manage patients with conditions such as:
- angina (chest pain caused by narrowing of the coronary arteries)
- high blood pressure
- arrhythmias, eg atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat)
- heart murmurs due to heart valve disease
- cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) with heart failure including pulmonary
- oedema (accumulation of fluid)
- coronary artery thrombosis or myocardial infarction (heart attack) often associated with high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol
- diseases of the arteries (atherosclerosis, arteritis, atheroma)
- diseases of the heart’s valves
- hole in the heart and other forms of congenital heart disease within adult life, including transition from paediatric care and shared care of pregnant women with heart disease.
In DF Medical Centre we provide the initial cardiac assessment, heart auscultation, electrocardiograms, Holter monitoring, blood tests.
Our Consultant also provides treatment and follow up for all cardiac conditions and is available weekly, by appointment.
We Are Always Glad to Help
Call to Book an Appointment today