A Few Words
Cardiologists are doctors who diagnose, assess and treat patients with diseases and defects of the heart and blood vessels (the cardiovascular system).
Cardiologists manage patients with conditions such as:
- angina (chest pain caused by narrowing of the coronary arteries)
- arrhythmias, eg atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat)
- heart murmurs due to heart valve disease
- cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) with heart failure including pulmonary oedema (accumulation of fluid)
- coronary artery thrombosis or myocardial infarction (heart attack) often associated with high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol
- diseases of the arteries (atherosclerosis, arteritis, atheroma)
- hole in the heart and other forms of congenital heart disease within adult life including transition from paediatric care and shared care of pregnant women with heart disease.
In DF medical centre we provide a range of investigations on site like ECG, Holter monitoring, blood tests and follow up for chronic diseases like Hypertension.
We Are Always
Glad to Help
Call to Book an Appointment today